Hays WCID 2

Frequently Asked Questions

What can I do if I believe my bill is too high?

Inframark operates and maintains the District's water and wastewater system. We can answer any questions you may have regarding your usage or water bill, and can offer suggestions to help you determine what may be causing the high consumption.

Call 512-246-0498 to speak to a customer service representative.

Meter Reading & Leak Detection Instructions

How is my sewer bill calculated?

Belterra residents that conserve water during the months of December, January, and February will reap the rewards all year long. Monthly sewer charges will be determined by averaging the usage of these 3 winter months. Why this time period? This is the time when water consumption in not impacted by outdoor water use due to the cooler temperatures. Your water meters are typically read around the 7th-10th of each month. Therefore, we recommend that you decrease or cease irrigation use by December 1st and do not resume until you have received your March bill. You will also see messages on your water bill during these months reminding you that winter averaging is session.

What is winter sewer averaging?

Winter averaging is a method developed to give you the best possible break on sewer billing cost. This method takes the water consumption used during the reading cycles from November to March as the basis for billing sewer charges throughout the year.

Does the WCID offer any rebates or discounts to residents for water conservation upgrades?

The District does not, however, LCRA offers a WATERSMART rebate program. Click here for more information

Who manages the trails, greenbelts and parks?

WCID is responsible for the trails, greenbelts and parks in the community. Inframark along with WLE oversees the maintenance and landscaping of the trials, greenbelts and parks. If you have any questions or comments please contact Inframark at 512-246-0498 or CSAUS@Inframark.com.

Can I clean up or plant trees in greenbelt behind my home?

The District prohibits planting or removal of any landscaping in the greenbelt areas.

Can I ride my motorized vehicle (Golf Cart, Motorcycle, ATV, etc.) in the parks, trails, or greenbelt areas?

The District strictly prohibits the use of any motorized vehicle in parks, along trails, or in the greenbelt areas. Residents can refer to the District’s Rules and Regulations Section 6.07. for more information.

Who do I contact about trash or debris in the greenbelt?

Email csaus@inframark.com with a photo or general location of the problem area. This will help expedite the request.

Where can I find the mowing schedule for the greenbelts?

Landscape Schedule Map

Why are some trails crushed granite and others are natural?

The granite paths are considered walking trails and are maintained by the District's landscaper. The nature trails are in designated native landscape areas and are intended to be left in their natural state as much as possible.

What do I do if I think a trail needs repair?

Email csaus@inframark.com with a photo and/or the location of the problem area.

What is reclaimed water?

Reclaimed water is domestic or municipal wastewater that has been treated to a quality suitable for beneficial reuse.

Do mandatory watering schedules apply to the use of reclaimed water?

No, watering restrictions do not apply to the use of reclaimed water; however the Districts will try to keep the irrigation times set for evening and night use.

Is the use of reclaimed water for irrigation applications safe?

The Districts’ use of reclaimed water for irrigation is safe. The District adheres to quality requirements set by the State of Texas for reclaimed water. Also, the Austin/Travis County Health and Human Services Department has given their approval concerning the reclaimed water initiative.

Will reclaimed water be monitored for quality?

Yes, the quality of the reclaimed water is regularly monitored to ensure public health and safety.

Who is currently using reclaimed water?

In the U.S. and other countries, reclaimed water is an important water resource.

Over 1,900 communities across the country are actively utilizing reclaimed water for a variety of applications. The most progressive states include Washington, Florida, California, Arizona and Texas. ​

To whom do I report potholes in the roadways within the community?

Hays County repairs the streets within the district. Please email csaus@inframark.com with the location of the pothole, and we will submit to the county.

What do I do if a sprinkler is gushing or if there is an obvious leak in a neighborhood public space?

Email csaus@inframark.com with a photo and/or the location of the leak. You can also call 512-246-0498.